“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
Ever wonder, what do artists use for inspiration and how they integrate it with their art? Inspiration is everywhere; you just need to think out of the box to see the hidden art behind it. You might feel a lack of inspiration and the need for motivation, but always remember the idea might not strike you immediately but it is somewhere in the creative confines of your brain.
Here’s how to cultivate a steady stream of inspiration and turn it into art:
1) Explore a lot of art- this might not sound important at the moment, but this will help in the very long run. The best way to get inspired is to look at other art! Visiting museums, and art fairs, and following art blogs will all help you to get inspired and notice the intricate detail of art that intrigues you.
2) Look outside the art world- If the first doesn’t work; it is time to change strategy. Find ideas from a very uncommon place. The most unique creations are from outside the art world. A painter inspired by a theatre performance or a sculptor inspired by a fashion show. Pay attention to any that catches your attention and hold onto it.
3) Favorites’ Folder- A collection of your best artworks, something that makes you happy or motivated. You want to be able to refer back to the things that inspired you. A giant inspiration wall to help you gain perspective and explore a different creative.
4) Marvels of Mother Nature- Take a walk in the garden and keep your senses attentive. Observe, ponder and gather inspiration from the colours, sound, textures and smells that surround you. Explore what’s around you and play with your thoughts.
5) Creative Prompts- Well sometimes nothing works, so just grab your canvas and start painting. Sometimes you just have to start to get inspired. Keep working with colours until that idea hits you.
It is very difficult to stay inspired at all times. All you need is a little imagination to think beyond boundaries and get creative with your thoughts. Don’t give up just because you don’t have any idea, spend some time alone and let your thoughts drive you to inspiration.